Welcome to C-Plan - One Year On
The Carbon Footprinting Calculator
It is a year since we launched our web based calculator where farmers and land managers can quickly and easily enter the data for the land they manage and obtain an estimate of the greenhouse gas emissions for their business.
Our calculations follow the procedures for reporting the national emissions (IPCC 2006) but as many of our members and visitors to this site have commented IPCC methodology is not totally appropriate at the farm scale.
We agree and working with other research scientists we have produced a discussion document which examines the issues which have been raised ?For a summary click here or to download the report click here. Please contact us with your comments.
NFUS Poster - Requires Power Point
The web site is in two sections:-
- A free carbon equivalent calculator ?which allows you to calculate the carbon equivalent foot print for your business. This calculator is completely anonymous, has no registration, your data will not be stored; it will disappear when you leave the page.
- A members section with
- Facility to calculate and store specific data for you business.
- Test alternative scenarios (e.g. reduce your fertiliser application and see the difference to your calculation).
- Access to a farmers forum to hear innovative ideas from others in the industry
- Access to a wide array of mitigation advice.
These additional features have associated costs so we have to make a small charge if you wish to become a member ? click here to see our pricing strategy
So please browse around the free access section first and let us know what you think. If you are an industry innovator or are selling direct to customers and want a specific total for your business then become a member.
We would like this to be a community web site so welcome your comments ? we will credit your membership with additional time for every constructive suggestion we receive. Your contribution will be recognised and rewarded.